JKS 2001-Sway Bar Quicker Disconnect for 4.5"-6.0" Lift - 93-98 Grand Cherokee ZJ
Quicker Swaybar Disconnect Features
- Fits vehicles with 4.5"-6.0" Lift Only
- Gain 30 percent more axle articulation by disconnecting your front swaybar
- Variable length design adapts to your vehicle and future modifications
- Convenient grease fittings ensure easy bushing lubrication for smooth, silent operation
Featured Technology & Benefits
- Dramatically increases suspension travel and improves off-road performance on stock or modified Jeeps
- Costs far less than lockers, tires, lift kits, and other accessories with comparable performance benefits
- Greasable QuadZerk™ design allows each bushing to receive lubrication independently
- Heavy gauge steel construction and computer controlled MIG welding ensure unsurpassed strength and quality
- Stainless tapered mounting posts ensure easy operation for user, even on unlevel surfaces
- Unique spherical floating bushing design provides unrestricted 360° of rotation and 11° of misalignment capability
- JKS exclusive Dura-Thane™ fluted bushings distribute grease evenly for maximum longevity and silent operation
- Zinc plated and powder coated for protection against corrosion and road debris
- Supplied storage pins secure the Quicker Disconnects and swaybar to the chassis when disconnected (some applications)
|Vehicle Fitment and Location:|
|97-06 Wrangler TJ*||2.5-6.0" Lift|
|84-01 Cherokee XJ||4.0-6.0" Lift|
|86-92 Comanche MJ||4.0-6.0" Lift|
|93-98 Grand Cherokee ZJ||4.5-6.0" Lift|
|*Compatible with TJ Rubicon and Unlimited models|
View JKS2000 Front Quicker Disconnects for shorter lifts.
Disconnect yiour swaybar for 30% more front axle articulation and dramatically improved off-road performance
The unique design of JKS Quicker Disconnects enables the user to quickly and easily fine tune the length to compensate for vehicle changes, such as: spring settling or sagging, minor lift changes, heavy accessories, vehicle trim or rake adjustments, and other factors that affect ride height.
JKS Quicker Disconnects are also the easiest to operate, due in part to tapered stainless steel mounting posts and floating, spherical polyurethane bushings. With the lengths adjusted properly for the vehicle, the user can even operate our Quicker Disconnects when parked on uneven surfaces.
Removing the convenient click-pins allow the disconnects to slide easily from their mounting posts for safe stowage inside the vehicle, or to be secured to the vehicle with the swaybar, depending on the application.
Manufactured from premium heavy-gauge steel, JKS Quicker Disconnects are robotically MIG welded for superior quality standards. Zinc plating and a durable powdercoat finish provide unsurpassed protection from corrosion and the elements.
Grease zerks provide easy lubrication, and ensure proper flow of grease to adjustment threads and bushings. The bushings themselves are injection molded Dura-Thane™ pieces exclusively designed for JKS to maximize grease distribution and allow full rotation under loads.
The Jeep Swaybar...A Necessary Evil
The swaybar - more accurately referred to as the "anti-swaybar" - helps stabilize the vehicle's body in relation to the suspension. It is attached to both chassis rails and connected to the axle housing using swaybar end links. The swaybar's spring steel construction allows it to function like a torsion bar, resisting vehicle body roll during cornering.
On the road, the swaybar is critical to proper vehicle handling and control. Although virtually transparent to the driver, make no mistake about the importance of this device to vehicle safety. Jeep engineers carefully design swaybars to ensure the proper rate of resistance for each unique model.
Off-road, however, the swaybar counteracts the suspension's ability to function independently of the chassis, thus preventing the tires from maintaining contact with uneven terrain. Unless equipped with a locking differential, engine power is transferred to the tires without traction and the vehicle is unable to continue forward progress.
- Not compatible with aftermarket swaybars.
- Some vehicles may require extended front brake hoses or other modifications to compensate for additional suspension travel.
This product fits the following applications:
- 84-01 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 86-92 Jeep Comanche MJ
- 93-98 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
- 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ
view by year
- 1984 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1985 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1986 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1987 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1988 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1989 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1990 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1991 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1992 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1993 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1994 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1995 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ
- 1986 Jeep Comanche MJ
- 1987 Jeep Comanche MJ
- 1988 Jeep Comanche MJ
- 1989 Jeep Comanche MJ
- 1990 Jeep Comanche MJ
- 1991 Jeep Comanche MJ
- 1992 Jeep Comanche MJ
- 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
- 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
- 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
- 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
- 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
- 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
- 1997 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 1999 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2002 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2005 Jeep Wrangler TJ
- 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ