4" Lift Kit (712H) FITS 14-18 Chevy/GMC Silverado/Sierra 1500 4WD (Cast Steel Control Arms)
This new 4" system is built with all the same features and benefits of the 6" version. Full replacement 4" struts give the proper ride height in the front and the rear kit provides a 4" block to replace the factory 1.25" block. Like the 6" version, this system is FMVSS126 compliant.
This new suspension system utilizes the tried and true high-clearance IFS suspension design that has made BDS the preferred suspension lift for the 1/2 ton GM trucks.
At the heart of the new lift are the ductile cast iron replacement steering knuckles and high-clearance, full width lower control arm crossmembers. These components establish a suspension geometry that not only performs well on and off road but is compliant with the factory traction control systems. The suspension also works seamlessly with the newly redesigned electric power steering system that is standard on the new 2014-17 models.
The front differential is relocated for proper angles at the CV axles and allowing for the use of the stock front driveshaft. A 3-piece differential drop system keeps the differential secure and the 3-piece front skid plate system keeps the underside protected on those offroad excursions.
Full replacement front struts provide the lift in the front. Replacement front tie rod ends and sway bar links round out the front system. In the back, a block and u-bolt setup levels the rear with the front.
- Strut compressor required
- Requires frame bracket modification
- Requires differential modification to clear electric power steering
- Vehicles came from the factory with several knuckle/control arm configurations requiring specific kit selections. Be sure to reference the important notes and images above to determine the correct control arm selection for your application.
- Trimming may be required for 35" tire clearance due to variation between tire brands.
- Will not fit MagneRide magnetic ride control equipped models.
- Factory 17" and 18" wheels cannot be reinstalled due to tie rod end interference.
- All wheel drive models require drive line modification.
- For trucks with Cast Steel Control Arms