5.5" Lift Kit (1607H) FITS 13-18 Ram 3500 w/o Air-Ride GAS 4WD
This system is for the all new redesigned front suspension for the Ram heavy duty trucks. The lift is designed around the relocation of the factory radius arm in order to correct suspension and steering geometry to work with 4" of lift. The radius arms are relocated with a uniquely designed bracket that mixes the ease of installation you get with an adapter-type bracket with the strength and durability of a full replacement radius arm mount bracket. The new relocation bracket ties into both the factory radius arm frame mount and the side of the frame rail.
At the frame, the new mount is fastened with specially machined sleeves and threaded inserts. The threaded inserts (2) do require a minor amount of welding in order to provide the strongest possible connection. This portion of the installation can be completed without welding and then transported to a weld shop to be welded if necessary.
In addition to the radius arm relocation, the kit includes everything else to properly lift the Ram 3500s. Track bar relocation, dropped pitman arm and brake line relocation hardware position all the steering and brake components properly to work with the added ride height provided by the new progressive rate, full replacement coils springs.
Extra design time was spent developing coils that would ride great, handle the rigors of supporting a 1 ton heavy duty truck and work properly with the unique factory coil mounts at the frame and axle. In order to design the best possible coil springs, we found it necessary to develop side-specific coils. Since the coils are driver's and passenger's side specific, they are clearly and permanently labeled to ensure they are installed on the correct side.
The rear portion of the lift is accomplished with a traditional block and u-bolt setup to give a level stance.
- For rear leaf spring equipped models only.
- Will not fit Cab and Chassis models.
- Not for use with factory rear airbag suspensions.
- 6.4L Gas models will require exhaust modification to clear the front driveshaft and potentially the passenger's 4-link bracket.
- 5.7L Gas models may require modification - but not in all cases.
- The vehicle can be driven without the front driveshaft to an exhaust shop for modification and reinstalled after modification.
- For GAS trucks without Air-Ride
|GAS or DIESEL