4" Coilover Lift Kit w/ 3" Rear Coil Spacers and DSC Coilovers (188FDSC) FITS 07-14 Chevy/GMC 1/2 Ton SUVs
Through a collaborative effort between BDS Suspension and Fox Racing, BDS now offers this 4" Chevy 1500 4WD suspension system featuring Fox 2.5" coil-over remote reservoir shocks.
Nothing complements this BDS Suspension better than the race proven design of Fox 2.5" coil-overs. These have been specifically engineered to fit the BDS Suspension system and feature pre-tuned Eibach coil springs and an external reservoir for increased oil cooling capacity and nitrogen volume for a more consistent and comfortable ride. These Fox coil-overs are pre-set by BDS for the correct ride height right out of the box, offering easy installation as well as the option to fine tune the ride height to your liking. Fox DSC (dual speed compression - see DSC info below) adjuster equipped coil-overs are available as an upgrade with this BDS System for those seeking additional coil-over tenability in any terrain using the revolutionary DSC technology from Fox. Both coilover options are engineered to outperform out on the road or trail while offering fade free performance to push your Chevy to the limits.
This system has been designed and rigorously tested to maximize travel and performance without compromising the factory ride quality and handling characteristics. The unique BDS High Clearance design is a true blend of performance, appearance, and function, creating a desert racing appearance with suspension geometry that compliments the factory geometry and works in conjunction with the factory stability control system. The black powdercoated high arched crossmembers blend perfectly with the angle of the factory installed lower control arms for a completely integrated look while lifting your vehicle a full 4" and increasing ground clearance at the front crossmember. Heavy duty, American made ductile iron steering knuckles are included to properly correct steering geometry to O.E. angles. A heavy-duty front skid plate/belly pan is included for off road protection.
Along with the rugged, high clearance design to maximize ground clearance, this new system has passed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No.126 and has been independently certified to not adversely affect the vehicles factory installed electronic stability control system with the lift installed. That combined with BDS No Fine Print Warranty and a 5-year 60,000-mile drivetrain warranty gives you the peace of mind wherever and however you use and abuse your truck.
For the rear suspension, the standard system includes 2" rear coil spacers and offers the option to upgrade to a 3" rear spacer for additional rear lift height. Rear anti-sway bar links, a rear track bar relocation system (3" rear only), and adjustable upper control arms are also included to properly adjust the rear driveline geometry and pinion angle. Custom tuned "BDS by Fox" 2.0 Performance Series IFP shocks finish off the rear of this system, complementing the performance and ride dynamics of the Fox 2.5 Coil-Overs up front to create the ultimate on and offroad performance package.
FOX Coil-Over Dual Speed Compression (DSC) Adjuster Technology
The Dual Speed Compression (DSC) adjuster provides added control and comfort tuning for on-road use while also offering more aggressive damping for use off-road. The adjuster allows for precise suspension tuning with the simple twist of two clearly defined knobs: No tools and no mess, just a way to easily fine-tune your suspension to best suit your needs in any conditions. The DSC increases both low and high-speed compression levels up to 25%, allowing you to maximize small bump compliance and traction while still having the extra damping required for big hits.
- LSC Adjustment Range - The Low Speed Compression (LSC) adjuster knob offers 10 clicks of adjustment and primarily affects compression damping during slow suspension movements such as G-outs or smooth jump landings. It also affects wheel traction and the harshness or plushness of the vehicle's ride.
- HSC Adjustment Range - The High Speed Compression (HSC) adjuster knob offers 12 clicks of adjustment and mainly affects compression damping during medium to fast suspension movements such as steep jump faces, harsh flat landings, and aggressive wash board roads.
- Will not work with auto-ride equipped vehicles.
- This system will only fit 2007 new body style.
- Strut compressor required for installation.
- Minor premature engagement of the stabilitrak system may occur during certain driving maneuvers.
- Minor frame bracket modification and welding required.
- 20" wheels with 5" to 5-3/4" backspacing recommended to reduce trimming.
- Add 121651 Auxiliary Differential bracket for AWD models. Also may require front driveline modification.
- This kit will include 3" rear coil spacers
- This kit will include DSC Technology