4" Coilover Lift Kit w/ DSC Coilovers (712FDSC) FITS 14-18 Chevy/GMC Silverado/Sierra 1500 4WD (Aluminum/Stamped Steel Control Arms)
Through a collaborative effort between BDS Suspension and Fox Racing, BDS now offers this 4" Chevy 1500 4WD suspension system featuring Fox 2.5" coil-over remote reservoir shocks.
Nothing complements this BDS Suspension better than the race proven design of Fox 2.5" coil-overs. These have been specifically engineered to fit the BDS Suspension system and feature pre-tuned Eibach coil springs and an external reservoir for increased oil cooling capacity and nitrogen volume for a more consistent and comfortable ride. These Fox coil-overs are pre-set by BDS for the correct ride height right out of the box, offering easy installation as well as the option to fine tune the ride height to your liking. Fox DSC (dual speed compression - see DSC info below) adjuster equipped coil-overs are available as an upgrade with this BDS System for those seeking additional coil-over tenability in any terrain using the revolutionary DSC technology from Fox. Both coilover options are engineered to outperform out on the road or trail while offering fade free performance to push your Chevy to the limits.
This system has been designed and rigorously tested to maximize travel and performance without compromising the factory ride quality and handling characteristics. The unique BDS High Clearance design is a true blend of performance, appearance, and function, creating a desert racing appearance with suspension geometry that compliments the factory geometry and works in conjunction with the factory stability control system. The black powdercoated high arched crossmembers blend perfectly with the angle of the factory installed lower control arms for a completely integrated look while lifting your vehicle a full 4" and increasing ground clearance at the front crossmember. Heavy duty, American made ductile iron steering knuckles are included to properly correct steering geometry to O.E. angles. A heavy-duty front skid plate/belly pan is included for off road protection.
Along with the rugged, high clearance design to maximize ground clearance, this new system has passed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No.126 and has been independently certified to not adversely affect the vehicles factory installed electronic stability control system with the lift installed. That combined with BDS No Fine Print Warranty and a 5-year 60,000-mile drivetrain warranty gives you the peace of mind wherever and however you use and abuse your truck.
For the rear suspension, a 4" block kit comes standard to level the stance with the option to upgrade to BDS Glide-Ride rear leaf springs for those looking to reduce axle wrap and increase towing control and stability. Custom tuned "BDS by Fox" 2.0 Performance Series IFP shocks are also included to compliment the performance and ride dynamics of the Fox 2.5 Coil-Overs up front, creating the ultimate on and offroad performance package.
FOX Coil-Over Dual Speed Compression (DSC) Adjuster Technology
The Dual Speed Compression (DSC) adjuster provides added control and comfort tuning for on-road use while also offering more aggressive damping for use off-road. The adjuster allows for precise suspension tuning with the simple twist of two clearly defined knobs: No tools and no mess, just a way to easily fine-tune your suspension to best suit your needs in any conditions. The DSC increases both low and high-speed compression levels up to 25%, allowing you to maximize small bump compliance and traction while still having the extra damping required for big hits.
- LSC Adjustment Range - The Low Speed Compression (LSC) adjuster knob offers 10 clicks of adjustment and primarily affects compression damping during slow suspension movements such as G-outs or smooth jump landings. It also affects wheel traction and the harshness or plushness of the vehicle's ride.
- HSC Adjustment Range - The High Speed Compression (HSC) adjuster knob offers 12 clicks of adjustment and mainly affects compression damping during medium to fast suspension movements such as steep jump faces, harsh flat landings, and aggressive wash board roads.
- Strut compressor required
- Requires frame bracket modification
- Requires differential modification to clear electric power steering
- Vehicles came from the factory with several knuckle/control arm configurations requiring specific kit selections. Be sure to reference the important notes and images above to determine the correct control arm selection for your application.
- Trimming may be required for 35" tire clearance due to variation between tire brands.
- Will not fit MagneRide magnetic ride control equipped models.
- Factory 17" and 18" wheels cannot be reinstalled due to tie rod end interference.
- All wheel drive models require drive line modification.
- For Chevy/GMC trucks with Aluminum or Stamped Steel Control Arms
- The coilovers in this kit will include DSC technology