4" Lift Kit w/ Rear Coil Springs (1609H) FITS 14-18 Ram 2500 w/ Rear Coil Springs 4WD GAS
This new suspension system for the redesigned RAM 2500 trucks uses the same front components as the recently released 4" system for the 2013 Ram 3500s. As with the 3500s, the radius arms are relocated with a uniquely designed bracket that mixes the ease of installation you get with an adapter-type bracket with the strength and durability of a full replacement radius arm mount bracket.
The new relocation bracket ties into both the factory radius arm frame mount and the side of the frame rail. At the frame, the new mount is fastened with specially machined sleeves and threaded inserts. The threaded inserts (2) do require a minor amount of welding in order to provide the strongest possible connection. This portion of the installation can be completed without welding and then transported to a weld shop to be welded if necessary.
In addition to the radius arm relocation, the kit includes everything else to properly lift the RAM 2500s. Track bar relocation, dropped pitman arm and brake line relocation hardware position all the steering and brake components properly to work with the added ride height provided by the new progressive rate, full replacement coils springs. Extra design time was spent developing coils that would ride great, handle the rigors of supporting a 3/4 ton truck and work properly with the unique factory coil mounts at the frame and axle.
The rear portion of the new 2500 is where the similarities to the 3500 trucks end. The 2500s have a rear multi-link, coil spring suspension similar in design to that of the 09-up Ram 1500s. For this particular new system, the rear lift is accomplished with heavy duty steel fabricated coil spacers that locate to and bolt directly on the factory coil spring axle mount. An axle mounted track bar relocation bracket repositions the rear track bar and centers the axle. Extended sway bar links keep the rear sway bar at the optimum operating angle. Replacement rear shocks (NX² series or Fox 2.0) round out the rear lift and provide that desired level stance.
- Not for use with factory rear airbag suspensions
- Indexing ring only fits 6 bolt transfer cases (most common). Some heavy-duty tow package vehicle could have 8-bolt transfer cases (w/heavy-duty Aisin 6 speed transmissions), order 122813.
- Will not fit RAM 2500 Powerwagon models
- Will not fit Cab and Chassis models
- 6.4L Gas models will require exhaust modification to clear the front driveshaft and potentially the passenger's 4-link bracket.
- 5.7L Gas models may require modification - but not in all cases.
- The vehicle can be driven without the front driveshaft to an exhaust shop for modification and reinstalled after modification.
- For GAS trucks with rear coil springs
- Comes with replacement rear coil springs
||GAS or DIESEL|
|Ram||RAM 2500 w/ Rear Coil Spring